Table of Contents
Dart is a great language with many features that appeal to developers, but it has several points against it that mean it won’t become the new standard for web development anytime soon.
The following YouTube video explains why JS is so popular:
Without a robust framework, it can be more challenging to build complex web applications with Dart.
- Ahead-of-time (AOT) compiling improves startup time and reduces programming errors.
- The null safety feature helps avoid null reference errors.
- Type inference eliminates the need for developers to annotate their code with type information.
- Dart provides better support for software engineering practices such as modularity and testing.
- Dart can be challenging to learn for developers who aren’t familiar with typed languages.
If you need a quick primer on Dart, check out The Dart Programming Language by Gilad Bracha from Amazon.com. The book is aimed at beginners, and it’ll teach you the basics of programming in Dart, including how to use the language to build web applications.
Was this article helpful?